So I get numerous podcast requests, and I feel podcasts are nice. They’re an unimaginable technique to talk along with your clients and prospects. Even when absolutely the variety of listeners and viewers is low, the standard is usually excessive.
But, people are likely to do the ask … improper.
Let me inform you what people do improper (and folk like Harry Stebbings by no means do):
- Don’t drop me on an EA to schedule. Harry doesn’t do it, I don’t do it. It all the time finally ends up being a headache and a trouble. The EA can do the hyperlinks, the Zoom, and so forth. however don’t make it arduous on the visitor. Make it appear to be you’ll make nearly any time work. Normally the EA is fairly mediocre and sometimes drops the ball. I mainly surrender in a headache of un-schedulable-ness. As a substitute, simply ask what works finest for them, and provides a number of preferrred instances.
- Don’t ask me to rehearse or do a prep name. I don’t have time. Harry doesn’t ask you to rehearse, both.
- Don’t ask me to ship over a headshot and a bio. Don’t you could have Google? This can be a signal to me it’s all going to be a trouble.
What you need to do:
- Make it straightforward as humanly doable to schedule. This finally ends up being headache #1.
- Ship a fantastic e mail asking the visitor to do it — and why it can assist individuals. Most visitors don’t actually need PR per se however they do need to assist and attain sure audiences.
- Ship a fantastic doc with all of the questions over forward of time. That is the actual prep. Let the visitor learn it and scan it forward of time, as a lot as they need.
- Ship over clips and video and audio proper after. So if the visitor needs, they’ll do no matter they need with it.
- If all of your different visitors are “the identical previous audio system”, spotlight why what you’re doing is completely different. Nobody needs to be on a podcast stuffed with the identical previous self-promoters.
I do know this all sounds apparent and minor, however I’d say 90% of parents do that improper when getting a podcast off the bottom.